Wilton Soccer Association
- Parks and Rec – Visitor Screening Form
- Guidelines for Field Use Fall 2020 – Practices and Games
- Guidelines for Winter 2021
- Guidelines for Spring 2021. Subject to guidance and approval process from Town.
Wilton, CT – Town
- CJSA Return to Play Guidelines and Resources
- CJSA Physical Distancing Resources
- CJSA – Additional Guidance for Games
CT – State
- CIAC Spring 2021 Sports Guidance
- Updated Guidance for the Operation of Interscholastic, Youth and other Amateur Sport Activities during the COVID-19 PandemicThis guidance applies to the 2021 Spring sports season (March 19 – May 27).
- All sports are a go beginning March 19, Gov. Lamont announces under new reopening plan
- Updated Guidance for the Operation of Interscholastic, Youth and other Amateur Sport Activities during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Revised November 9, 2020
- Connecticut COVID-19 Response – Get answers. Get help. Get involved.
- Covid 19 Testing – CT
A Message from WSA President / Next Season Registration is Open – 11/11/20
Dear WSA families,
Last weekend, WSA successfully completed its fall 2020 season. Over 500 players enjoyed fun, competitive, local and most important, safe soccer.
We estimate that our players participated in well over 1,000 practices, clinics or games since September and thankfully, there was NOT a single instance of a WSA player contracting COVID-19 on or off the field. Players, coaches, volunteers and spectators alike all observed social distancing guidelines, wore masks as appropriate, and observed all other required protocols as set forth. I might also hypothesize that the sense of responsibility to one’s team and a desire to preserve the opportunity to play may have also contributed to the level of respectful observance of all safety protocols and the safe, incidence free season.
We had only a few of our practices, clinics or games postponed or cancelled due to precautions related to COVID-19, in all cases these decisions were made proactively so as to mitigate any unnecessary risk. We were thoughtful about spacing events, limiting fans to minimize interactions and ensure the highest probability of safe play week in and week out.
We relied on a closely coordinated approach with the Town of Wilton’s Health Department, Wilton Parks & Recreation and over 100 parent volunteers and coaches to navigate the season week to week. Wide open lines of communication across all channels, flexibility among all participants, and high focus on the safety, well being and benefits of physical activity for our players were also among the keys to this success.
We are looking forward to serving our community again in the coming seasons. As conditions continue to evolve (hopefully for the positive sooner than later), we will again be working closely with the Town of Wilton to deliver fun, safe, competitive and local soccer for all. We have plenty of room across our expansive and beautiful town fields to safely accommodate all of the interested players in town, from those simply seeking a fun activity to all looking for a competitive team-based soccer experience.
Read about WSA Winter and Spring 2021 programs HERE. Register at www.wiltonsoccer.com. Early registration discounts are available and your early registration will help us to plan effectively for the benefit of all.
Jason Partenza, parent volunteer / WSA President